Please wait...

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Sat Nov 17 04:44:37 CET 2007

7150 wrote:
> Richard Reichenbacher wrote:
>> 7150 wrote:
>>> I seem to have a problem.
>>>
>>> I have tried several images lately and none will run -- including Qtopia.
>>>
>>> I've tried the factory reset.
>>>
>>> The machine boots and stops at the openmoko splash screen with a neat
>>> little "Please wait..." message.
>>>
>>> Can someone point me in the correct direction.
>>>
>>> Thanks!!
>>>

>> Try downloading the latest qtopia image from qtopia.net.  Use both the
>> kernel and rootfs in the tar.
>>

> Hi, Richard.
>
> I can do that, but I would really like to stay with OpenMoko. I'm
> getting the "Please wait..." result with OpenMoko.
>
> With Qtopia, I simply end up with a locked machine that I can't figure
> out how to unlock. The sim is not locked. It works fine in my "regular"
> phone. There seems to be very little help over at the Qtopia site. No
> one will reply to a how to unlock question. And I'd really rather stay
> on track with this project. That's why I bought the kit. If I can't get
> an idea what to do with the OpenMoko image, I'll go back and give Qtopia
> a try.

Qtopia should timeout after 2 minutes, so you can access the
applications . We have had problems with some sim cards, and of course
usim cards. We just fixed a few things on Friday and it seems those sims
we were having problems with, now work more reliably.

We also found out it helps some sims (that had problems), to have an sd
card in the sd slot.

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, MES, Trolltech