Please wait...

clare u5618 at perth.dialix.com.au
Sat Nov 17 05:07:56 CET 2007

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007, 7150 wrote:

> Richard Reichenbacher wrote:
>> 7150 wrote:
>>> I seem to have a problem.
>>>
>>> I have tried several images lately and none will run -- including Qtopia.
>>>
>>> I've tried the factory reset.
>>>
>>> The machine boots and stops at the openmoko splash screen with a neat
>>> little "Please wait..." message.

"me too"

I really believe it is in the supplied images. I was unlucky in that I
chose 10-11 Nov to get started using MokoMakefile. It went OK, the next
weekend I upgraded it before trying what I had; thinking I would thus
catch up better.
My image of 16 Nov gave the above symptoms, but my image of 11 Nov did
not. At the same time there was an update of the kernel (between 11 and 16
Nov). So there have been a lot of changes, as  reported in the commitlog
mailing list.

When the Neo stops at the "Please wait" stage, it can be communicated with
via the ssh root at 192.168.0.202
It would help if someone could tell me what to say to it to get it to
start up properly.
I can't help but notice how many daemons and so on are running at that
stage. I would really like to know how to bring up just the two things I
want - the phone and the terminal.

Another thing - there seem to be only one or two people putting up images.
Most images seem to be exactly the same - such as I got using
MokoMakefile.
The images differ wildly in their behaviour from day to day. I have to
suppose that most people actually use MokMakefile and are better than me
at doing so. Do you keep listings of what it says so you can see where
changes were made?

Is there a standard way to reverse changes?

I have lots more I could say, but am I alone with these problems?

thank you for any help,
clare