Please wait...

7150 linux.1 at litenverden.com
Sat Nov 17 13:48:12 CET 2007

Richard Reichenbacher wrote:
> 7150 wrote:
>> Richard Reichenbacher wrote:

>>><snip>

Hello Richard and Clare and group.

I tried the new Qtopia image (as of 11/16). It starts nicely, although
it does not make or receive calls.  I think I need to have a filing
system with builds that I know will do one thing or another. I'm
serious. That way I can be a bit more efficient as I try to get my "sea
legs" on this device. It is good to see that my issues are not all still
"pilot error".

I wonder if it would be good to have a "tester" wiki page (or group of
such pages) where the functional status of various images and builds,
OpenMoko, Qtopia, Android, whatever -- with links to those specific
builds -- could be described in a uniform way. One could try a build and
record the pass-fail results af a set of simple and standard tests in a
tabular format. Perhaps that would be a way in which those less able to
write wizardly code could help advance projects? What 5-10 things would
wizardly developers like tested by a larger group?

1. Starts and runs
2. Makes call
3. Receives a call
4. Sound works
5. Sound controls work
6. Power management works
7. You get the idea

It might also reduce the number of messages like mine on the list. I
don't know if I get shot at for creating such a wiki page without asking.

George