Low power coma

Andy Poling andy at realbig.com
Wed Nov 28 05:46:09 CET 2007

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Dan wrote:
> My neo went to sleep and has not woken up yet, I believe this is because it
> goes in to some sort of powersave state and gets stuck. Needless to say this
> is going to take a while (from what I read) to get itself back out, does
> anyone know of a way of turning off the powersave "features"?

The "Aux" button (or plugging in USB power) is supposed to wake it.  Sometimes
it works and sometimes it doesn't (though the ratio has gotten steadily better
as the software has improved).

I have identified what seems to be a fairly serious logic bug though.  If I
have my neo plugged into (and powered by) USB and it goes to sleep, it seems
to stop charging or drawing power from USB.  Thus it can perversely eventually
end up with the battery dead if left long enough plugged into USB with sleep
("lock") enabled.

I guess one workaround is not to go to sleep if being fed power.  Shouldn't it
always charge if it's on power... even if it's sleeping?

I'm currently running
 	uImage-2.6.22.5-moko11+svnr3238-r9-neo1973.bin
and
 	OpenMoko-scaredycat-openmoko-devel-image-glibc-ipk-P1-Snapshot-20071123-fic-gta01.rootfs.jffs2

but I think I've observed this with several kernels and rootfs's to date.

Can anyone else confirm that I've got this right?

-Andy

When fascism comes to America it will be
wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross. - Sinclair Lewis