2 questions

Peter Trapp openmoko at genial.ms
Wed Nov 28 12:00:27 CET 2007

Von: Philippe MONROUX <phi2-monroux at wanadoo.fr>

Yes, there is an archive for each list, e.g. http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/device-owners/

> my second one :
>
> I have flashed uImage-neo1973-latest.bin from :
> http://buildhost.openmoko.org/OM2007.2/tmp/deploy/glibc/images/neo1973/?C=M;O=D
>
> but when I try to make
>
> $> dfu-util -a rootfs -R -D /home//phi/tmp/openmoko-image-fic-gta01.jffs2
>
> I always get the same message :
> ,----
> | dfu-util - (C) 2007 by OpenMoko Inc.
> | This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> |
> | Opening USB Device 0x0000:0x0000...
> | Claiming USB DFU Runtime Interface...
> | Determining device status: state = appIDLE, status = 0
> | Device really in Runtime Mode, send DFU detach request...
> | Resetting USB...
> | Opening USB Device...
> | No such Alternate Setting: "rootfs"
> `----

Have you used
dfu-util -a kernel ...
for flashing "uImage-neo1973-latest.bin" ?

It's just a guess but I can not verify it now. It seems that "rootfs" is not known from your dfu-util.

At the beginning you had to enter s.th. like
-a 1 = "be careful with this option    ->     u-boot   "
-a 3  = "kernel"
-a 5  = "rootfs"
this should still work. See also http://wiki.openmoko.org/index.php?title=Flashing_openmoko&oldid=17744

Newer dfu-util versions should support   "-a rootfs", please check your version and maybe issue a bug report...

Hope this helps :)

> Must I flash the uboot ?

dunno, but think twice this can brick your neo...

> Thank you very much for any clue.

You're welcome

-homyx

--