2 questions

Krzysztof Kajkowski cayco at poczta.cayco.pl
Wed Nov 28 12:03:40 CET 2007

Wiadomość napisana w dniu Nov 28, 2007, o godz 11:17 AM, przez
Philippe MONROUX:

> Hello everybody,

Hi Philippe!

> $> dfu-util -a rootfs -R -D /home//phi/tmp/openmoko-image-fic-
> gta01.jffs2
>
> I always get the same message :
>
> | Opening USB Device...
> | No such Alternate Setting: "rootfs"
> `----

Do you have newest dfu-util? Older used numbers with -a option. AFAIR
it was -a 2 and -a 3. Try to find them on wiki: i.e. http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Dfu-util

> It is the same with :
> OpenMoko-openmoko-image-glibc-ipk-P1-Snapshot-20071121-fic-
> gta01.rootfs.jffs2

IMHO it has nothing to do with this file - it just says that -a option
does not recognize "rootfs"

> Must I flash the uboot ?

When did you buy your Neo? If you bought it from first run you should
update it but try to ask someone on IRC which u-boot is working fine.
Note that this can break your phone and without Debug Board you won't
be able to recover!

I do not know which u-boot is on the latest devices.

Error with u-boot is that with older one you have to nand erase rootfs
before upgrade (again wiki search helps)

cheers

cayco