Flashing to Nand...

Mike Montour mail at mmontour.net
Fri Nov 30 06:58:13 CET 2007

JinKyoungKwon wrote:

> *Second, How Can write to NAND over 32M rootfs?*
>
> Normally, rootfs-file is 40M or 42M.
>
> Whenever I wrote rootfs-file then dfu-util error occurred.
>
> Error : Dfu-download error -84
>
> How can wirte to NAND over 32M rootfs?

It should just work. My recent rootfs images are also around 42M and I
have not had problems flashing them with dfu-util.

I've seen a hint somewhere to have the Neo plugged directly into the
computer where you are running dfu-util, not going through any external
USB hubs. I don't know if that actually makes a difference.

The only other thing I can think of is that you might have a messed-up
u-boot environment or bad-block table, so that your rootfs partition is
smaller than it should be. You can check this by going into the u-boot
console and checking the output of the "nand bad" and "printenv
mtdparts" commands. See the "Bootloader" and "Partitions" pages in the
Wiki for further details.