neo is dead, what should i do?

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Wed Oct 10 18:59:37 CEST 2007

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007, esw at alum.mit.edu wrote:

>>> my neo doesn't respond to anything anymore. I already tested it with a
>>> definitely fully loaded battery of a neo from a friend, so it is not
>>> the deep-discharged-problem.
>
> But it sounds similar to the problem I had a while back where whenever
> you put the battery in it would just turn on with a solid white screen
> and the vibrator on full blast.  I ended up having to leave the battery
> out overnight.  I put it back in breifly after 3hours and that wasn't
> long enough, it was still white screen of deathed.  But after a total of
> 8 hours with the battery out then when I put the battery back in it
> booted normally.

By the way, like, will this ever be fixed?  Is this a priority?  Or maybe
it's a hardware issue that cannot be resolved at all, but maybe the
preconditions for it can be avoided in software?

It'd be nice to get some more comment from the OpenMoko folks on things
like this.  Same thing for power management more generally.

Thanks!  I appreciate that building the phone from scratch has been a
daunting task with many successes so far and many roadblocks as well.

-- Asheesh.

--
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people?