Dead Pixels [resolved]

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Sun Oct 14 19:41:08 CEST 2007

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 10:50:06PM +0800, Harald Welte wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 01:30:42PM +0200, Thomas Gstädtner wrote:
>
> > There's only one thing I don't like: I have a dead pixel (or 2 dead
> > subpixels) :(
> > Its light, green and it sucks on dark backgrounds. But well, it's only 1 of
> > 300,000 pixels and hardly to see on lighter or coloured bachgrounds, so I
> > can live with it.
> > Anyone else with dead pixels or am I the only one?
>
> I have not seen any unit with dead pixels so far.

I've apparently just been lucky [or blind].

According to the quality specification, the display can have up to two
pixels defective like you have described and still be within spec.

Sorry about that.  But I guess that's just industry standard,  and since
we have four times the pixels of most 2.8" displays, the probability of
bad ones is higher, too :(

Cheers,