nameresolution does work / ipkg update not

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Sun Oct 14 22:00:25 CEST 2007

Markus Fischer wrote:
> @Stanislav
>
> you've been right!
>
> I changed the ` (backsticks) to single quotes and the script works!

Love those subtle differences :-)

> Thanks a lot!
>
> From the side of the Neo I am now able to place a ping to any URL in the
> Internet (e.g. http://buildhost.openmoko.org/), but unfortunately when I run
>
> $ ipkg update
> Downloading
> http://buildhost.openmoko.org/snapshots/2007.08/ipk/all/Packages.gz
> wget: Unable to connect to remote host (88.198.84.234): No route to host
>
> Seems not to be my lucky day ;-)

You mentioned in a previous message that you could reach any IP address
from the Neo. Can you confirm this is still true?

	ping 88.198.84.234
	ping 72.14.207.99

I suspect not. I'll bet your routing got messed up somehow. Send us the
results of this:

	netstat -rn

You might also confirm that you can ping the build host from your
laptop, just for completeness.

Thanks,
Michael