Getting Started

7150 linux.1 at litenverden.com
Sat Oct 20 02:09:32 CEST 2007

Good news. I was able to install the Qtopia file system and kernel. The
phone runs. I must say, the Qtopia software looks very nice. I did not
try a call (network not detected), although my sim is recognized.

Here is what I learned:

1. Erase kernel and fs before installing new ones.
2. Follow the instructions carefully, installing kernel first.
3. Make sure the kernel and the fs work together.

Tomorrow I'll try OpenMoko again. My problem will be in determining
which fs goes with which kernel. Qtopia made that easy.

Thanks to all who helped me understand how the bits and pieces work.

George