Getting Started

7150 linux.1 at litenverden.com
Sun Oct 21 14:28:31 CEST 2007

Stanislav Karchebny wrote:
> В сообщении от Sunday 21 October 2007 05:44:40 7150 написал(а):
>
>> Lest anyone think the above means the Qtopia image is usable, be assured
>> it is not. All those things work, but the phone is quite unstable, with
>> functions failing rather arbitrarily. The machine may crash when
>> changing power modes (plug usb in or out). The display may randomly stay
>> on instead of dimming. Restarting Qtopia often does not fix the problem.
>> A total reboot is required. Amazing what an hour or so will show up.
>>
>> Tomorrow I will try the OpenMoko image. Maybe in a week or so I will
>> have a plan for which way to go.
>>
>> George
>
> Thanks for your very useful observations George, keep them coming!
>
> It seems that I run into this dreaded GSM850 SIM problem because I cannot make
> the gsm work in neither qtopia nor openmoko images. I tried a few ones of
> them already to no avail :(

Richard Reichenbacher pointed out that suspend might be causing my
issues. I checked settings. Suspend was on in the battery mode. I turned
it off. I cannot access suspend settings in the powered mode. We'll see
what happens.

I've decided to keep a carefully documented test log to help with
testing. That is something I can do for the project.

George