SIM card woes

Nick Guenther kousue at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 17:14:17 CEST 2007

I was having problems getting GSM to work on my neo. Eventually a
thought struck me: maybe my SIM is 'locked' (which I still don't fully
understand what that means), and so I tried a friend's SIM which I was
sure was unlocked and lo and behold: I could connect. So now I either
need to shell out for an unlocked SIM, or see if I can figure out how
to get it unlocked.

Does anyone know how to determine via AT commands if a SIM card is
locked? It would be useful if gsmd could alert the user to this.

-Nick