Panic, nothing works!!!

Nick Guenther kousue at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 20:21:16 CEST 2007

On 10/19/07, Diego Roversi <diegor at tiscalinet.it> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:42:53 +0200
> "Simon Bielmann" <simon.bielmann at gmx.ch> wrote:
>
> > Hello Owner community
> >
> > I just started my NEO1973 about 1h ago and everything was fine. But now there's something wired: I thought its just in sleep mode so i tried to wake it up but nothing works. So I turned it of and wont to start it again. And now the big problem. It doesn't start but I don't know why!! the only sign I get from it is a white screen and it doesn't stop vibating if I pulled out the battery and put it back in.
> > So I hope anybody got a idea.
>
> I had a similar problem. I solved pulling out the battery, then pressing the power button for then second, and then putting the battery in.
>
> If it doesn't work, try leaving the battery out for some hours.

30 seconds should be long enough. The way the device maintains state
is either in flash memory or in various bits that are kept powered by
small capacitors. Now, capacitors can't hold /that/ much charge, and
will be depleted after just a little bit of time.

Another problem I've run into along the same lines is being totally
out of power. There's no indication that this is the problem except
that it completely doesn't work. The way to solve it is to plug it
into a USB port and leave it for a while (10 or 20 minutes).

I've never had this vibrating problem though.

-Nick