Documentation, modules, keyboard, loading

Cindy Mottershead cindy at mottershead.us
Sun Sep 9 10:58:29 CEST 2007

For the usb networking to work, your laptop ip doesn't change, just the
ip address for the usb port on your laptop. Did you follow all the steps
in the documentation: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/USB_Networking ?

The line

ifconfig usb0 192.168.0.200 netmask 255.255.255.0

will set your laptop usb to ip address 192.168.0.200 and the following (on the laptop) will set up a route to the phone.

/sbin/route add -host 192.168.0.202/32 dev usb0

Once you can communicate between the laptop and phone (both ways), you can set up your resolv.conf on the phone
and follow the instructions for your laptop distributions in "Automatic method" to enable the phone to communicate with the
internet.

Cindy