opkg update fails

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Sat Apr 5 23:27:29 CEST 2008

On 5 Apr 2008, at 20:56, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Running the April 04 snapshot (keep in mind that my eo has been
> collecting dust for a while), when I do 'opkg uodate' I get errors,
> like this:
> root at om-gta01:~# opkg update
> Downloading
> http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/2007/ipk/glibc/armv4t/base/
> Packages.gz
> Downloading
> http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/2007/ipk/glibc/armv4t/base/
> Packages.sig
> Signature check failed
> Downloading
> http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/2007/ipk/glibc/armv4t/
> debug/Packages.gz
> Downloading
> http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/2007/ipk/glibc/armv4t/
> debug/Packages.sig
> Signature check failed
>
> Does this mean that the package list will not get updated, or?

opkg has repository signing support and attempts to verify the
repositories by downloading a detached signature. If the signature
can't be found (as is the case at the moment) the signature check
fails. However, this is not a fatal error, and you can continue using
the repositories without any issue.

Regards,

Thomas

--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/