Daily Snapshot Review 14 April 2008

Kevin Dean kevin at foreverdean.info
Tue Apr 15 00:28:35 CEST 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 6:22 PM, Thomas Wood <thomas at openedhand.com> wrote:

>  Not quite true. openmoko-contacts allows any format (in fact, the field
>  format is free-form). However, openmoko-messages does not attempt a
>  fuzzy match on the contact information and the SMS information, which is
>  why they don't match.
>
>  Also, I don't think anyone uses the international codes unless they are
>  dialing international numbers, so this bug is of interest to everyone,
>  not just people in USA, Canada or Mexico!

I make this point because the sample of people on IRC isn't exactly
respective of the world in general. :) Of the people I asked about
this, several said "Oh, I enter everything in international format
anyway, so I've never noticed". This came from people in both the US
and the UK so I wanted to head this off. Even IF "the rest of the
world" uses International formatting, the vast majority of people in a
fairly large market wouldn't.

That was my very polite "screw what you do". :)