Daily Snapshot Review 18 April 2008

Kevin Dean kevin at foreverdean.info
Fri Apr 18 22:41:06 CEST 2008

The full review of today's image can be found at
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Snapshot_review/2008-04-18 and the list
of reviews at http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Category:SnapshotReview

Today's image is almost unchanged from the 17 April 2008 image.
According to the commits list, the only change was to opkg, which most
users won't find critical (I think).

I've removed the reference to "Switching Keyboards" from the reviews
as I actually tried to do it today and none of the package needed to
switch keyboards are actually in the repositories, so the link isn't
very helpful. I've also been playing around with various options (like
small clock versus "big clock") to see if it affects boot time and...
it doesn't. :) I'm always open to "tips and tricks" if anyone has any
that they like to apply.

Today's image is suitable for daily use but users running the 17 April
2008 image (http://downloads.openmoko.org/recommended/Openmoko-openmoko-devel-image-glibc-ipk-P1-Snapshot-20080417-om-gta01.rootfs.jffs2)
will find no benefit in upgrading to today's image. The most stable
and recent kernel image at this time is from 03 April 2008
(http://downloads.openmoko.org/recommended/uImage-2.6.24+svnr4301-r4251-r5-om-gta01.bin).

-Kevin Dean