me too! RE: I like the Neo

Cindy Mottershead cindy at mottershead.us
Mon Apr 28 01:28:57 CEST 2008

This wasn't addressed to me but tangogps is my favorite application on
the Neo so I would like to say how easy it is to use. To have the maps
on the SD card, simply make a directory somewhere on your card. I have
my /home/root on the SD card so I add a Maps directory (~Maps). Then,
simply bring up the tangogps (assuming you installed the package which
is very easy) and tap the last tab at the bottom ('config'). The second
input box is for 'Cache Dir'. Enter your directory! In my case I entered
~Maps/OSM.

Then, I tap on the map, zoom in, and select 'map download' to preload
maps for where I plan on going. I don't have gprs enabled so I do this
while it is still connected to my usb.

Cindy