Daily Snapshot Review 30 April 2008

Kevin Dean kevin at foreverdean.info
Wed Apr 30 23:01:03 CEST 2008

Today's full review can be found at
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Snapshot_review/2008-04-30 and the list
of reviews at http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Category:SnapshotReview

There's a slight initial boot time reduction of about 10 seconds from
the last time I did a review.

A new game has been added to the default image, Kobodelux, but the
unusable games still remain, taking up space on the image. I don't
know how to play Kobodeluxe but it appeared responsive for the most
part. Perhaps I'll do some "testing" and see. :)

Work has been done one suspend/resume but it still isn't working. AUX
always resumes but sound is still breaking after resume. It appears as
if the GSM system is responding now since I can place a call (and hear
it!) but after the call the sound for other non-GSM applications is
still broken.

Wake-on-incoming call is closer to working, but still not there. When
calling the Neo, last time it would wake but drop the call. This time,
it wakes, sends the caller to voice mail and the Neo keeps ringing.
Dialer shows that it's recieving an incoming call but none of the
buttons do anything.

In general, today's images are stable enough to use and I recommend
doing so. Note that using the "Dim first, then lock" power saving
option might present some problems because of the suspend/resume
issues but otherwise the image is good.

-Kevin Dean