Picture viewer?

Clarke Wixon cwixon at usa.net
Sat Feb 9 00:42:03 CET 2008

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer <mickey at ...> writes:

> ipkg install gpe-gallery.

. . . which works, but is s-l-o-w when reading 8 megapixel digicam pictures, for
example.  Probably with sanely-sized pictures it would be quite a bit better.

I thought somebody was working on a moko-specific picture viewer; I heard that
somewhere, but I can't find anything on the wiki other than the incomplete
original page on the subject:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Picture_Viewer

And there's also:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Picture_Preview

And a dormant project page:

http://projects.openmoko.org/projects/pictureviewer/

A good implementation for OpenMoko would probably have a fairly minimal user
interface (finger-scrolled picture list, with the viewer employing drag-to-pan +
big finger buttons to zoom in and out by factors of two) and use something like
efl's epeg to allow large pictures to be rendered relatively quickly when zoomed
way out.

I'll add that to my list of things I might be able to get around to at some
point.  ;-)