Picture viewer?

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Sun Feb 10 04:26:46 CET 2008

On 8 Feb 2008, at 23:42, Clarke Wixon wrote:

> Michael 'Mickey' Lauer <mickey at ...> writes:
>
>> ipkg install gpe-gallery.
>
> . . . which works, but is s-l-o-w when reading 8 megapixel digicam
> pictures, for
> example.  Probably with sanely-sized pictures it would be quite a
> bit better.

Please excuse me if this is a naive question, but isn't any image
viewer going to be slow, dealing with 8 megapixel pictures, running
on a 200mhz - 400mhz processor?

I'd guess that the GPU's hardware might be used to accelerate image
resizing in GTA02, but ...

IMO you might be better off writing a bash script on your main
machine that uses ImageMagick to resize the images, then copy them
across.

Stroller.