Profiles

Erin Yueh erin_yueh at openmoko.com
Mon Feb 18 11:23:52 CET 2008

Dan Staley wrote:
> Hi, I just recently got my neo GTA01 and I was wondering if there was a
> way to change the current profile (i.e. vibrate mode, silent, or just
> different ringtones.)  I was able to do this with the qtopia image, but
> I was hoping to keep openmoko on there instead so I could develop for
> it.  Also, is there a way to exit an application without going back to
> the home screen and 'killing' the process?
>
> Thanks,
> -Dan

Sorry, we didn't provide any profile settings UI application yet.
Probably you could
modify something like below:

1. ringtones: If you'd like to change the ringtones, you can upload and
replace the old
mp3 files to this folder '/usr/share/openmoko/sounds'.

2. vibrate mode: it's hard code now, unless you modify UI source code.
Or you can just
move/rename vibrator link in '/sys/class/leds' folder.

3. silent: you could use alsamixer to adjust the volume or modify the
sound profile file
in '/etc/gsmhandset.state'.

4. press 'Power' button to exit an application and return to home screen.

Regards,
Erin