Daily use of Neo1973

Bobby Martin bobbymartin2 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 17:46:50 CET 2008

Hi Torsten,

The neo doesn't seem to detect that  a USB cable supplied 500 mA of power
unless it can network with the PC on the other end of the cable via USB.  I
know I've connected the neo to a Windows machine w/o the networking set up
and watched the battery die.

You can force fast charge on the neo with 'echo -n "fast_cccv" >
/sys/devices/platform/s3c2410-i2c/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0008/chgmode'  You
would have to do that (manually or via a script as I did) each time after
you plug the neo into a USB plug.

I have also written a python script that monitors in the background for slow
charge and pops up a gui asking if you want to switch to fast charge mode.
I don't have it 100% the way I want it.  I will post it to the wiki when I
get it using less CPU and dealing with screen lock properly, or before if I
get a demand for it.

Bobby

Hi!