Daily use of Neo1973

Joe Pfeiffer joseph at pfeifferfamily.net
Wed Feb 20 18:38:49 CET 2008

Tilman Baumann writes:

>Hm. I never tried Windows. But this does not make much sense to me.
>The Os just has to select a device configuration to allow it to draw
>power. This does not mean it has to have a driver for it.
>I'm pretty much sure my linux server which i sometimes use for charging
>does not have any driver whatsoever for this device. But it charges nicely.
>
>Strange. But however, it is windows...

I don't know anything about Windows, but -- the problem with not
charging on dumb cords is that the NEO is polite about needing to
handshake, and being able to request 500mA, before it will draw
500mA.  If the device on the other end doesn't even do that, the NEO
will only draw 100mA which isn't enough (the fast_cccv parameter
somebody else mentioned will, apparently, force it to draw lots of
power anyway).