Daemon script to monitor for slow charge

Bobby Martin bobbymartin2 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 05:50:06 CET 2008

I created a script to monitor for slow charge and pop up a gui asking
if you want to switch to fast charge mode.  The default instructions
install the script and an init.d script to start & stop it, as well as
links to make the daemon start automatically.

The page telling how to install is
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/CheckFastCharge-script

>From the page:
What it does

Your neo will detect when it is charging slowly and pop up a gui to
ask if you want to switch to fast charge mode. It will take a few
seconds to detect that you are charging slowly.

Details

checkFastCharge will remember if you select slow charge and not ask
you again. If you accidentally selected slow charge, unplug the neo
from the charger for several seconds, then plug it back in. Next time
the script checks, it will ask again if you want slow or fast charge.

When you select fast charge, the script goes through a confirmation
sequence, because fast charge can be dangerous for your hardware if
the charger doesn't support 500 mA or more. Just click 'Confirm' four
times to confirm that you want to go into fast charge mode.

Let me know if you see obvious improvements, or if you want to make an
ipkg of it (I will eventually do so myself...), or if you know a
better place for me to host the download.
Bobby