battery not charging

Nick Guenther kousue at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 23:14:44 CET 2008

On Jan 17, 2008 3:05 PM, Anuj Sawani <xeonclub at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The battery that came with my Neo went into a deep discharge state and now
> refuses to charge. I followed the steps at
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo1973_Battery_Charger and left it connected
> overnight. I have tried this a few times too but the phone does not turn on
> at all.

Did you really really make sure to leave the battery out for a long
time (and disconnect the USB cable, just to be sure (not that the neo
can power itself direct from USB--which is kind of sad)) before trying
to charge it?
What are you trying to charge it from? Are you sure it is
USB-compliant (i.e. provides 100mA at all times)?

-Nick