New U-Boot Snapshot : reports welcome

Peter Rasmussen plr at udgaard.com
Mon Jan 21 18:53:51 CET 2008

OK, here is another success report.

I did the following:

1. Downloaded the u-boot image linked to below.
2. Connected my GTA01bv4 to my computer
3. Booted it up into the bootloader
4. Then su'ed to root
5. And then uploaded the image to the Neo with the following command
line *) :
   ./dfu-util -a u-boot -R -D
u-boot-gta01bv4-1.3.1+git0ec595243dc99edcd248bbcfbfd5a1dc860bde89+svn3817-r1.bin

*) I believe I used the dfu-util found here:
    http://downloads.openmoko.org/snapshots/2007.11/images/neo1973/dfu-util

I have until now changed u-boot a couple of times, and have yet to brick
my Neo (I only have the base version so I am nervous every time :-)

I don't understand the report about a distorted splash image?
To me everything looks normal, but I may of course not know what to look
for.

Peter