Is the openmoko-apps list retired?

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Tue Jan 22 01:07:34 CET 2008

Torsten Schlabach wrote:
> In some message I found on the archive, it said:

>> Please keep openmoko-apps at lists.openmoko.org in the Cc list.  This is
>> where we discuss the development of openmoko programs (so far mostly UI
>> programs, but dfu-util is also fine here)

Sorry, it seems my followup mail on that did not make it to any list.
Shortly after this announcement, it was reconsidered and (for good
reasons I may add), we decided that given the state of the project, it
makes less sense to diversify and fragment developer discussions.

So, every kind of developer discussions are on-topic in
openmoko-devel, be it
* apps from OpenMoko Inc.
* apps for OpenMoko
* middleware development (which should really be application driven).

> So is device-owners the place to discuss things like the further
> development of dfu-util these days?

device-owners is our equivalent of a "users" lists.

I hope that clarifies things.

Thanks,

:M:

--