GTA02 GPS rework for SD card interference issue

Neng-Yu Tu (Tony Tu) tony at openmoko.com
Fri Jul 18 11:28:29 CEST 2008

Dear Community:

For GTA02 SD card interference GPS issue, our hardware team provide a
hardware fix/workaround for this coexistence bug. Sorry post it late,
because we have to make sure this fix works and don't have side effects.

Here is the fix:

http://www.openmoko.org/wiki/Image:Gta02_gps_10pf_rework_sop.pdf

This fix could give almost same performance with SD card out of case.

But this work still not suggest do by yourself, also, this fix need
proper size capacitor (10 pf with 0402 package), and some solder technique.

We saw people ask about service issues of Openmoko devices, and we are
working on it. Our sales discussing with our distributor about proper
services model, but do not have consensus yet, I will keep update it.

Thanks,

Tony Tu

Openmoko, Inc.

Support