Experience qtopia-x11 (ASU) on gta01

Kevin Dean kevin at foreverdean.info
Thu Jun 12 00:03:09 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Andy Selby <andyfrommk at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I bought the GTA01 on the explicit promise that there will be no Nokia770
>> situation again! (Short. New hardware, new software, no more features for
>> old devices)
>
> Who promised you? We were all told that there will be a better device
> in the pipeline before the neo1973 went on sale.

I had to check a little box when I placed my order that was VERY clear
that the product I was purchasing was intended for developers and that
software may be non-working, not fully functional or unstable. There
was no condition stating future software would be compatible with the
device, developed for the device or useable on the device. I could
very much understand being upset over the 01 if there were promises
made or even ambiguity but my purchase through the Openmoko "Direct"
store eliminated all doubts for me.