Experience qtopia-x11 (ASU) on gta01

Alexander Schreiber als at thangorodrim.de
Thu Jun 12 10:22:14 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 09:58:40PM +0100, Andy Selby wrote:
> > I bought the GTA01 on the explicit promise that there will be no Nokia770
> > situation again! (Short. New hardware, new software, no more features for
> > old devices)
>
> Who promised you? We were all told that there will be a better device
> in the pipeline before the neo1973 went on sale.

As far as I'm aware, the GTA01 was explicitly targeted at developers
with the full understanding That Things May Be Broken And May Break Even
Worse. It was never advertised as a finished, consumer grade device.
Quite the opposite, the project was very clear about the fact that GTA01
was the first "mostly working" experimental hardware iteration of the
OpenMoko phone and the next hardware generation would be build with the
experiences of that one in mind - and might be different as a result.

Thats why I stayed away from it since I need a fully working phone and
to my regret, really don't have the time to hack much on it.

Regards,
       Alex.
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison