Neo Freerunner

Andy Selby andyfrommk at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 16 17:50:18 CEST 2008

2008/6/16 Abel Chang <changzer at gmail.com>:
> sorry i forgot to attach the files on the previous email -___-
>
> 2008/6/16 Abel Chang <changzer at gmail.com>:

>> these are the list of the files i've tried to flash via usb into my device:
>>
>> openmoko-devel-image-om-gta02.jffs2
>> openmoko-qtopia-x11-image-om-gta02.tar

The above .tar file wouldn't work, use the .jffs2 file.

>> uImage-2.6.24+git20080614-r0-om-gta02.bin
>> uImage-om-gta02-latest.bin

These next two files are the same, one is a link to the other, getting
the *gta-latest.bin means getting todays kernel image.

>> the reason i tried to change anything, was because when it came out of the
>> box.
>> the only applications available were: contacts, dialer, messages, console.
>> and i wanted to have at least a clock or a calculator, or maybe a web
>> browser working on it.

I remeber steve or michael saying that only critical programs for a
phone would be included, that means a dialer, contacts and sms, they
would not concentrate on periphery applications that were not critical
to a proper working phone

>> is it possible for someone who dont know anything about programming, fix
>> this by following a step by step tutorial?

Yes, whats your situation now? can you still flash new images, are you
able to make calls?
No programming skills are needed to flash images into the device.