Neo Freerunner

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Mon Jun 16 18:45:43 CEST 2008

Abel Chang wrote:
> I've run it with a Ubuntu live cd on my computer.
> these are the list of the files i've tried to flash via usb into my device:
>
> openmoko-devel-image-om-gta02
> .jffs2
> openmoko-qtopia-x11-image-om-gta02.tar
Wrong! Only the jffs2 files are for flashing on a device.
> uImage-2.6.24+git20080614-r0-om-gta02.bin
> uImage-om-gta02-latest.bin
>
> at some point, with one of these files that i can't remember which one
> was it, the device stoped  working,  and would not boot into the
> graphical environment.
> then, with one of the other files i listed above, the device  booted
> properly into a very different kernel.

Maybe you screwed up the 'pertition' names?
Kernel and rootfs need to be flashed to different 'partitions'.
See
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Flashing_Openmoko
for details.

As long as your device still boots the u-boot bootloader, nothing is lost.
Just re-flash it again.

Use these Files:
rootfs:
http://buildhost.openmoko.org/daily/neo1973/deploy/glibc/images/neo1973/openmoko-qtopia-x11-image-om-gta02.jffs2