Finally i have my neo1973

Kevin Dean kevin at foreverdean.info
Thu Mar 6 21:24:11 CET 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 3:00 PM, George Eliozov <nerozero at itcs.ge> wrote:
> Greetings to all!
>
>  So I have it :) but my first experience on the OpenMoko was kernel panic :)
>  I did my best and finally it is loading!!!!
>
>  I setup my neo with that:
>  http://buildhost.openmoko.org/OM2007.2/tmp/deploy/glibc/images/neo1973/
>  images and it works, sometimes .. :)
>
>  I got some questions, please advise me:
>  1. please tell me how did I have to find more or less stable versions of
>  kernel/rootfs.

The images you used are the nightly images - they're probably the best
to use since they are officially maintained by OpenMoko. They have the
latest features but also the latest bugs, so sometimes an image is
great and the next day everything is broken. :)

I have been trying to solve this problem by doing daily reviews of the
images. You can see when new images are added by checking
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Category:SnapshotReview

Unfortunately, due to some meatspace issues, I haven't done a review
in almost two weeks. :( I really REALLY hope to correct that.

It is my personal opinion that the 28 Feb 2008 image provides the best
call quality, stability and functionality to date but understand that
it's still not perfect.

>  2. I finally make a phone call :) It was great! But, no one can call me :(
>  Phone is ringing, but I cannot hear anything, as well as other side, as
>  result I have one missed call.

This may be the result of the image you're using, other images may not
have this problem.