Finally i have my neo1973

Peter Trapp openmoko at genial.ms
Fri Mar 7 07:46:37 CET 2008

On Donnerstag, 6. März 2008, Kevin Dean wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 3:00 PM, George Eliozov <nerozero at itcs.ge> wrote:
> > Greetings to all!
> >
> >  So I have it :) but my first experience on the OpenMoko was kernel panic
> > :) I did my best and finally it is loading!!!!
> >
> >  I setup my neo with that:
> >  http://buildhost.openmoko.org/OM2007.2/tmp/deploy/glibc/images/neo1973/
> >  images and it works, sometimes .. :)
> >
> >  I got some questions, please advise me:
> >  1. please tell me how did I have to find more or less stable versions of
> >  kernel/rootfs.
>
> The images you used are the nightly images - they're probably the best
> to use since they are officially maintained by OpenMoko. They have the
> latest features but also the latest bugs, so sometimes an image is
> great and the next day everything is broken. :)

The image Goerge is refering to is not the nightly builds, but the latest
official build from Nov 21...

To get a much more newer one, check here:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Repositories

> I have been trying to solve this problem by doing daily reviews of the
> images. You can see when new images are added by checking
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Category:SnapshotReview

Kevin: Thanks for all of your review! They helped me a lot!

[snip]
> It is my personal opinion that the 28 Feb 2008 image provides the best
> call quality, stability and functionality to date but understand that
> it's still not perfect.

And you (George) will probably best bet if you take the advice...

cheers
-homyx