Daily Snapshot Review 11 March 2008

Kevin Dean kevin at foreverdean.info
Tue Mar 11 20:26:46 CET 2008

It's been a while since my last review, and for that I am greatly
apologetic. Personal life got in my way in many instances, the latest
of which including my father in law having triple bypass surgery.

Today's review isn't greatly different than previous reviews.

Boot time was about 7 seconds slower than my last review which isn't
signifigant either way.

The "Please wait" bootup screen was replaced with the gray screen seen
during X --configure which is unsightly but doesn't affect
functionality.

The biggest issue with today's rootfs (paired with 10 March 2008's
kernel) is that there is no sound at all, not in media player or phone
calls (thought you CAN technically make and recieve them, you just
can't hear or be heard).

SMS messaging works.

In general, I would recommend users no use today's image, instead
using the last stable image (which may have been between 20 Feb 2008
and 10 March 2008) they've encountered.

The full review can be found
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Snapshot_review/2008-03-11 or on the
daily snapshot list at