Booting from SD card.

clare u5618 at perth.dialix.com.au
Sun Mar 16 06:34:25 CET 2008

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008, Andy Powell wrote:
>> Andy I did try it briefly, using an SD boot from that old file of yours
>> u-boot-good-for-sd-boot-r13_0_2632_0.bin  It seems to have gone from
>> your site. luckily I kept a copy.
>
> Hmmmm it's still there...
>
> http://buildhost.automated.it/u-boot-good-for-sd-boot-r13_0_2632_0.bin

It didn't occur to me to go to Parent Directory; so thankyou.

> but it is old....

> you just need to be sure to specify which bit of the nand you are erasing
> otherwise it gets ugly fast.

It is dated November, that bug was fixed by early August; I have not
ever erased the boot partition as by the time I started getting serious
it was all over :)

I did of lot of trials with that really old u-boot, with no problems.
THen I tried a FIC one of March 5
u-boot-gta01bv4-1.3.1+git0+10bbb38a402a2faf18858c451bcdc63d45888e6e+svn4164-r3.bin

THe new one the difference is that when it goes to the SD card it
prints the Manufacturer details and then
READ_BL_LEN=14, C_SIZE_MULT-7, C_SIZE=4095
size=0

whereas the older one fills in a big number for size and goes ahead.

Does this happen to anyone else?

thanks
clare