Daily Snapshot Review 24 March 2008

Kevin Dean kevin at foreverdean.info
Mon Mar 24 21:48:41 CET 2008

My full review can be found at
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Snapshot_review/2008-03-24 and a list of
reviews at http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Category:SnapshotReview

Today's image shows a bit of a backstep over the 21 March 2008 image
(which was the last I reviewed before the weekend) in terms of
stability. I mentioned on the 21 March 2008 review that every now and
then X failed to start, with a 3:1 sucess ratio. Today that pretty
much flip-flopped. I flashed the image three times attempting to get a
first boot startup time and in each case X failed to start.

After manually starting X via ssh I did my testing, a few issues (like
suspend) needing restarts. About half of those restarts loaded X
automagically and others did not.

Sound is working after X starts as are phone calls and SMS. Media
player is also working for audio playback.

The "Please wait..." screen is back. ;)

It's my recommendation today that users looking for the most
functionality out of their Neo to use the 21 March 2008 image.

-Kevin Dean