Daily Snapshot Review 28 March 2008

clare u5618 at perth.dialix.com.au
Sun Mar 30 14:12:02 CEST 2008

Hi,
I have looked at one or two of these lately, and there are changes. For
example someone has been playing about with the keyboard so that
it will do upper and lower case and numbers, but not yet things people
might want like / and control characters.

I am umimpressed, because my current phone actually supplies a qwerty
keyboard for SMS, I have Never had to use that silly thumb typing.
But now there is an even more annoying improvement - when I type 0
into the dialer it gives me a list of all the names in my contacts list
which start with zero. Luckily I have not put in the full list.
Of course if I wanted someone out of contacts I would start there.

I often think that the features in this phone are put there because
someone thought it was a cute idea. It would be nice if the cute ideas
could be saved for later when the basics were solid.
People could then vote on whether the various cute features were worth
having or better still just configure their phone to remove them.

I will be very pleased when someone sets up so that the proper qwerty
keyboard with full features can be selected with a button. After all
Qtopia managed it.

But thanks anyway for trying, I will wait.
clare