Daily Snapshot Review 31 March 2008

Kevin Dean kevin at foreverdean.info
Mon Mar 31 23:25:47 CEST 2008

My full review can be found
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Snapshot_review/2008-03-31 and the list
of reviews at http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Category:SnapshotReview

Recommended images will now be hosted at
http://downloads.openmoko.org/recommended/ and this link is now on
each review (thanks to wurp2)!

Basically, today is a "good image" thought I don't see too much change
at all. Boot times are pretty much the same, applications remain
pretty stable.

This stability has given me a chance to poke at some of the oddities
and notice some minor things. For instance, I noticed (and filed a bug
report on) the fact that it isn't possible to remove tracks from a
playlist in media player. I got a chance to repeatedly confirm and
observe the behavior of the POWER button after resume (and filed a bug
on it.) I also eliminated concerns that the GSM modem failed to start
the reboot following a failed resume - several tests today showed that
this is NOT the case.

In short, I recommend that users update to this image.

-Kevin Dean