u-boot console

clare u5618 at perth.dialix.com.au
Fri May 2 15:45:15 CEST 2008

Hi Hermann,
Did you flash a suitable kernel with the rootfs?

About u-boot and whether NAND erase is needed. I have never done that,
because it was old information when I started. I have u-boot files with
the numbers 1.2.0 and r0 and r1 and r1 is dated August 20 of 2007.
The one I am using now is a special from ScaredyCat for doing dual
boots i.e. can also boot from an SD card. It is numbered
1.2.0-moko9-r13_0_2632_0 and dated Aug 12 2007 it has Set console to USB,
Set Console to serial, Power off, Boot from SD, Factory reset.

In the wiki/Booting_from_SD there are instructions for adding items to
the menu, which were supplied in case Booting from SD was not there.
Therefore I suppose that a newer u-boot might be what you need.
(A link to the one I am using is on that page. I use it because the newer
ones I have tried will not boot my SD card.)

In trying some of this just now using cu -l ttyACM0 for example, I find
that I cant do very much because although it tells me that In; Out: and
Err: are usbtty, it dies before I have time to do more than one quick
command. Can anyone tell me what else I need to do to talk to u-boot for a
longer time?

clare (always hoping to learn something)