GPS Sight - why doesn't it work? (it works for you)

Audrius Meskauskas audriusa at bluewin.ch
Sun May 18 14:59:21 CEST 2008

Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> So the GPS is working, right?
> (Even if it doesn't get a fix - my apartment is indoors).

(..)
> However, GPS Sight claims that it has 0 (zero) satellites, and display
> "nan" (Not A Number?) for lat, long, alt and speed values.
> Why does it do that?

Having output from NMEA pipe does not mean that it is capable to say
where you are. As you are indoors, there are zero satellites seen
around. Hence both coordinates and altitude cannot be determined. So
they are shown as NaNs (not a numbers). The systems seems operating
correctly. Just walk in the open place and wait for a couple of minutes..

Audrius Meskauskas