u-boot-openmoko 1.3.3 (unofficial package) - testers wanted

Peter Rasmussen plr at udgaard.com
Wed May 21 23:38:43 CEST 2008

Hi  thomasg,

I can see that what I have been able to use is exactly what you intended
in your wiki description.

So yes, I can boot a system residing on the SDHC card, however the
kernel is taken from the NAND image, ie. "your" method :-)

And that is why I in a different mail mentioned that I would like to
have the SDHC-support in u-boot, to boot completely independent systems
on a flash-card.
With presently the size of max. 8GB for a micro-SDHC, one card is able
to hold several systems, so I think such an option is a very good idea.

This is what I have in my previous listing as well, but I would like to
emphasize the following, too:

"And if u-boot had USB support implemented so that I could upload an
image from my desktop Linux straight to the flash-card without having to
boot the Neo all the way to a Linux system, that would be really
helpful, too."

If I could boot up in u-boot and specify what target-partition on the
flash-card I want to put a kernel and a rootfs, and then subsequently
boot that image, that would be great!

Peter