Help, please! GTA01BV4 died!

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Fri May 30 01:46:29 CEST 2008

Am Fr  30. Mai 2008 schrieb Panta:
> Alle mercoledì 28 maggio 2008, Marc Bantle ha scritto:
>
> > > Thank you for your suggestion, Marc, and also for the photo (why don't
> > > you put it with a brief description on the battery page of wiki?).
> >
> > I may do that sometime  :-)
> >

> I really think it can be very useful. Actually seems like is not possible to
> charge the Neo1973 without connecting it to a PC...

You may hook up any usb-charger to GTA01, will work. If you have the 47k hack,
i.e. a GTA02 charger, it even should fastcharge (after boot?).
I'd be *very* careful with charging GTA01-bat with a simple Power+R-charger!
The "old" bat has no built-in protection against overcharge, and you know
what happens to LiIon batteries when mistreated!?! If not, ask your next
Airport's security about it ;-)
At very least you should have a good regulated power-source with 4.1V output,
nothing more, but also not much less!  Otherwise "happy new year" :-/

***Please DO NOT charge NEO's battery in a simple DIY charger, it may explode!

anyway, cheers
jOERG