Help, please! GTA01BV4 died!

Panta openmoko at sardiniatravel.it
Fri May 30 20:46:52 CEST 2008

Alle venerdì 30 maggio 2008, Joerg Reisenweber ha scritto:

> > > I may do that sometime  :-)
> >
> > I really think it can be very useful. Actually seems like is not possible
> > to charge the Neo1973 without connecting it to a PC...
>
> You may hook up any usb-charger to GTA01, will work.

100ma of charge? I'm not so sure that mass market is ready for an option like
charge for 40 hours and get 3 hours of phone! ;)

> If you have the 47k
> hack, i.e. a GTA02 charger, it even should fastcharge (after boot?).

You have the GTA02 charger? good for you!
But I have a GTA01BV4, not a Freerunner... sorry, only poor people here! ;) ;)

> I'd be *very* careful with charging GTA01-bat with a simple
> Power+R-charger! The "old" bat has no built-in protection against
> overcharge, and you know what happens to LiIon batteries when mistreated!?!
> If not, ask your next Airport's security about it ;-)
> At very least you should have a good regulated power-source with 4.1V
> output, nothing more, but also not much less!  Otherwise "happy new year"
> :-/
>

> ***Please DO NOT charge NEO's battery in a simple DIY charger, it may
> explode!
>
> anyway, cheers
> jOERG

Thank you JOERG for your replay.
Talking much seriously, you're surely right in what you've told.

It's a little bit frustrating to remain without the game for an old man like
I'm.

Waiting for a new battery...

Ciao

---