Help, please! GTA01BV4 died!

Kevin Dean kevin at foreverdean.info
Fri May 30 22:10:29 CEST 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Panta <openmoko at sardiniatravel.it> wrote:
> Alle venerdì 30 maggio 2008, Joerg Reisenweber ha scritto:

>> > I really think it can be very useful. Actually seems like is not possible
>> > to charge the Neo1973 without connecting it to a PC...
>>
>> You may hook up any usb-charger to GTA01, will work.
>
> 100ma of charge? I'm not so sure that mass market is ready for an option like
> charge for 40 hours and get 3 hours of phone! ;)

In all fairness, the 1973 wasn't intended to be mass market. :P

>> If you have the 47k
>> hack, i.e. a GTA02 charger, it even should fastcharge (after boot?).
>
> You have the GTA02 charger? good for you!
> But I have a GTA01BV4, not a Freerunner... sorry, only poor people here! ;) ;)

You can install Wurp's checkFastCharge script and charge with most
commercially available USB chargers. I have the iGo DC charger
(http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PJN2ZG) and I can fast charge my
1973 on the drives to and from work without explosions, smoke, fire or
brimstone.