Announce nightly build and source code packages

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Fri Dec 28 18:26:48 CET 2007

Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> I would rather suggest to not doing this. At least not make it automated.
> U-Boot is most fragile part of GTA01 so only "tested and known as
> working" images of U-Boot should be provided.

Hmm, what I'm after is a set of files for the devirginator, so that
one can get an "as good as new" system with all the current stuff
with as little overhead and as little possibility of pilot error as
possible. The devirginator requires a debug board for updating
u-boot anyway.

(Background: sometimes, people hit weird bugs. It takes a lot of time
to walk with them step by step through the system setup, and very
often, something gets missed regardless. A highly automated process
to bring the system to a known state is tremendously helpful in such
cases. This is obviously limited to developers who don't mind having
their system wiped for the sake of chasing a bug.)

"Hiding" untested u-boot binaries so that people don't use them by
accident would be okay for that purpose. Or one could just use
u-boot.bin instead of u-boot.udfu. The devirginator works with both
while DFU rejects the former.

- Werner