[oe] Merging openmoko into OE

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Mon Mar 5 15:44:13 CET 2007

Am 05.03.2007 um 11:56 schrieb Koen Kooi:

> [DANGER: cross-post]
>
> Harald Welte schreef:
>> On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 03:58:11PM +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:
>>    something that fits our needs first.  I know this is very
>>    un-free-software-like, but we really are short of months of
>> time [and
>>    staff] and have to compromise somewhere.

Hello,

I know Richard will respond as well, probably with the same complaint
and in a much better way. Yes you are right it is very un-free-
software-like and I feel ashamed of the lack of communication on that
matter. Specially as BitBake and Quality (identifying issues
(programatically), identifying them and providing solutions) are two
topics I have high interest in.

I hope you have enough budget for your python expert to spend the
time on merging and integrating his work upstream once he is done.
This is the only way to differentiate from the people than run away
with our work normally.

On a pure technical note we invite your expert to talk with us and I
sincerly hope he is using this offer.

kind regards
	z.

PS: I find it rather funny that both Richard and me work on this
during our spare time but both have bosses that would allow us to
carry these things out during work time...