Openmoko build infrastructure questions

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Wed Apr 16 18:32:12 CEST 2008

Dnia Wednesday 16 of April 2008, Andy Green napisał:
> Dnia Wednesday 16 of April 2008, Holger Freyther napisał:
> | a) We have a feed with Openmoko packages, including the dev ones (if
> | not this is something I could take care of):
> |       opkg-cl -conf my-opkg-config update
> |       opkg-cl -conf my-opkg-config -destroot my/dest/root install
> | libts-dev
> |
> | b) get the Angstrom libts1 and the libts-dev (using the package
> | browser I showed you with the above link)
> |       opkg-cl -conf my-opkg-config -force-depends -destroot my/dest
> | install libts...ipk
> |       opkg-cl -conf my-opkg-config -force-depends -destroot my/dest
> | install libts-dev...ipk

> I didn't understand any of it, not your fault but eg I don't have
> opkg-cl on my host machine AFAIK.  Now what.  I remind myself when I
> start to feel like an idiot dealing with this: this is our greeting to
> ALL new developers who just want to build a package with libs.
>
> I see people start mentioning poky now like it solves something, I am
> happy to spark some kind of solution for this general casual build
> crisis, maybe I can even make Wolfgang happy this week at this rate.

Speaking about Zecke way and Poky way. This is how it works in Poky:

1. fetch Poky SDK
2. cd /; tar xf PokySDK.tar.bz2
3. "source /usr/local/poky/eabi-glibc/arm/environment-setup"
4. "opkg-target update" - by default it use local build feed so need to
    point it to remote feeds first.
5. "opkg-target install libts-dev" will install development headers/libs
    for tslib and all it's dependencies.
6. build you application - you have cross toolchain, all libraries you
   need etc.

I just built Tasks 0.13 this way. All I needed was "opkg-target install
libecal-1.2-dev" and then "configure" with cross-compilation flags
+ "make". Result was:

18:29 hrw at home:tasks-0.13$ file src/gtk/tasks
src/gtk/tasks: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), for
GNU/Linux 2.6.14, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped
18:29 hrw at home:tasks-0.13$ arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-objdump
src/gtk/tasks -x|grep NEED
  NEEDED      libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
  NEEDED      libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0
  NEEDED      libatk-1.0.so.0
  NEEDED      libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0
  NEEDED      libjpeg.so.62
  NEEDED      libpng12.so.0
  NEEDED      libm.so.6
  NEEDED      libpangocairo-1.0.so.0
  NEEDED      libfontconfig.so.1
  NEEDED      libXext.so.6
  NEEDED      libXrender.so.1
  NEEDED      libXcursor.so.1
  NEEDED      libXcomposite.so.1
  NEEDED      libXdamage.so.1
  NEEDED      libpango-1.0.so.0
  NEEDED      libcairo.so.2
  NEEDED      libX11.so.6
  NEEDED      libXfixes.so.3
  NEEDED      libgobject-2.0.so.0
  NEEDED      libgmodule-2.0.so.0
  NEEDED      libdl.so.2
  NEEDED      libglib-2.0.so.0
  NEEDED      libecal-1.2.so.3
  NEEDED      libedataserver-1.2.so.4
  NEEDED      libxml2.so.2
  NEEDED      libgconf-2.so.4
  NEEDED      libdbus-glib-1.so.2
  NEEDED      libdbus-1.so.3
  NEEDED      libc.so.6
  VERNEED     0xc66c
  VERNEEDNUM  0x1

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

Fixing apps to stop polling and thrashing the disk would be of more use
than using 'gcc -OMG'